INITIATIVES HAVE INCLUDED:
- Promotion of funding support for self-help programs for
consumers and parents.
- Acccess to quality community-based services for Vermont
- Reduction in reliance on the Vermont State Hospital.
- Expanded funding for all major components of public mental
- Expansion of children's mental health services with dramatic
improvement since the mid-1980's.
- Promotion of one of the first mental
health managed care regulatory bills in the country, 1994.
- Successful campaign to establish parity
between physical & mental health benefits, 1997. National
precedent. Please see our published
To keep abreast of VAMH's activities, please consider becoming
a VAMH member .